This webinar introduces participants to the CARF Behavioral Health and Opioid Treatment Program standards for Medication Use, which beginning with standards manual year 2018, have been updated and significantly revised based on input from the field. Medication controls, prescribing, and administering medications will be considered. Portions of possible policies and procedures will be discussed as examples for organizations that are creating processes to meet the intent of the CARF standards. Methods for medication education and training will be explored that can be applied to persons served, caregivers and individuals given legal authority to assist the persons served, and staff members providing direct services. Interventions to improve medication adherence in behavioral health will be provided. Illustrations of basic medical peer review also will be provided.
Webinar participants should be able to:
- Describe the standards applied to all organizations related to medication use, regardless of its involvement in medication use or based on the population served and the programs or services provided.
- List possible methods for medication training and education with persons served, caregivers and other individuals given legal authority to assist the persons served, and staff members providing direct services to persons served.
- Consider intervention options for medication adherence in persons served.
- Outline safeguards included in the standards for medication control.
- Discuss standards for medication control, prescribing, and administering medications for organizations providing these aspects of medication use.
Delivery and Use:
Recordings are available for delivery two business days after the webinar date listed. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the link(s) to your purchased recording(s), the PowerPoint slides, and any handouts from the webinar attached. This is a web-based product, not a CD or a downloadable file. Purchased webinar recordings are available for review until the end of the calendar year.
There is no limit on the number of staff who can view the purchased recording(s), but it is restricted for internal use only and the file or links may not be passed onto anyone outside your organization.