One of the hallmarks of CARF is the focus on person-centeredness. Although this term is widely used in the health field today, there is often confusion between "person-centered" and "system-centered" activities and decisions. Developing and delivering person-centered services go beyond the person-centered plan and relate the attitudes and values of the organization and how it operationalizes this philosophy on a day-to-day basis.
Webinar participants should be able to:
- Develop a greater understanding of person-centeredness.
- Evaluate their organization regarding its degree of person-centeredness.
- Understand how most behavioral health, child and family, and opioid treatment clients have been exposed to trauma and how trauma-informed services are closely related to person-centered services.
- Review accreditation standards directly related to person-centeredness.
- Develop at least five additional methods organizations can employ to increase their degree of person-centeredness.
Delivery and Use:
Recordings are available for delivery two business days after the webinar date listed. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the link(s) to your purchased recording(s), the PowerPoint slides, and any handouts from the webinar attached. This is a web-based product, not a CD or a downloadable file. Purchased webinar recordings are available for review until the end of the calendar year.
There is no limit on the number of staff who can view the purchased recording(s), but it is restricted for internal use only and the file or links may not be passed onto anyone outside your organization.