This webinar will provide information on positive approaches to behavioral management using a person-centered approach. Nonviolent practices will also include safe behavioral management when seclusion and restraint are used, and elimination of seclusion and restraint as an eventual goal. The webinar will be based on conformance to the CARF standards in these areas.
Webinar participants should be able to:
- Understand the impact of positive behavior supports in seclusion and restraint.
- Understand the definitions of seclusion and restraint.
- Define importance of comprehensive assessments of the persons served.
- Define conditions governing the use of seclusion or restraint.
- Be familiar with the importance of documentation during entire procedure.
Delivery and Use:
Recordings are available for delivery two business days after the webinar date listed. You will receive an email from email@example.com with the link(s) to your purchased recording(s), the PowerPoint slides, and any handouts from the webinar attached. This is a web-based product, not a CD or a downloadable file. Purchased webinar recordings are available for review until the end of the calendar year.
There is no limit on the number of staff who can view the purchased recording(s), but it is restricted for internal use only and the file or links may not be passed onto anyone outside your organization.