Pressure injuries are a frequent, costly, and potentially life-threatening complication of spinal cord injury (SCI). The etiology of pressure injuries is complex and multifactorial, and prevention strategies, such as hospital-based education, have little success in reducing the occurrence. This webinar will review a multitude of risk factors, the complexity of prevention, and the involvement of physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) in the continuum of maintaining optimal skin integrity.
Webinar participants should be able to:
- Discuss the incidence, prevalence, and impact of pressure injury for those with a SCI.
- Recognize the risk factors of persons with a SCI who may develop pressure injuries.
- Review measures to prevent pressure injury and effectiveness.
- Identify PM&R team opportunities to assist in the management of stage 1 and 2 pressure injuries.
- Describe the collaborative care model and PM&R involvement for surgical management of stage 3 and 4 pressure injuries.
Delivery and Use:
Recordings are available for delivery two business days after the webinar date listed. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the link(s) to your purchased recording(s), the PowerPoint slides, and any handouts from the webinar attached. This is a web-based product, not a CD or a downloadable file. Purchased webinar recordings are available for review until the end of the calendar year.
There is no limit on the number of staff who can view the purchased recording(s), but it is restricted for internal use only and the file or links may not be passed onto anyone outside your organization.