There is a growing consensus that sexual assessment, functioning, and education need to be addressed and documented during the rehabilitation process. Such information should be provided to the individual and partner and include materials related to the physical, psychological, cognitive, and relationship aspects of sexual expression. Other information may include risks and dangers associated with sexual expression as well as the social and interpersonal difficulties often observed in people who have sustained a brain injury. This webinar will address these specific points and conclude with examples of how such information should be conveyed and documented during the rehabilitation process.
Webinar participants should be able to:
- Discuss the impact of brain injury on sexual expression.
- Understand the basics of a viable reporting protocol.
- Discuss the psychological issues associated with sexuality after brain injury.
- Identify trends and patterns in reporting.
- Understand the various treatment options available to individuals and couples following brain injury.
- Discuss how rehabilitation professionals can assist individuals with their sexual adjustment after brain injury.
Determine how to integrate sexuality education into their rehabilitation programs.
Delivery and Use:
Recordings are available for delivery two business days after the webinar date listed. You will receive an email from email@example.com with the link(s) to your purchased recording(s), the PowerPoint slides, and any handouts from the webinar attached. This is a web-based product, not a CD or a downloadable file. Purchased webinar recordings are available for review until the end of the calendar year.
There is no limit on the number of staff who can view the purchased recording(s), but it is restricted for internal use only and the file or links may not be passed onto anyone outside your organization.